Event: Following a recent theft at a Belgrade apartment building in which a private security guard was injured, the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade reminds U.S. citizens that pick-pocketing, purse snatchings, residential burglaries, and other economically motivated crimes regularly occur here. Most crimes happen because people let their guard down. Unlocked cars, valuable items left in plain sight (such as money, jewelry, and electronics), open gates, and open garage doors make attractive targets for thieves. U.S. citizens are advised to not resist robbery attempts, to take steps to ensure you and your family are safe, and to call local police at 192.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Article source: https://rs.usembassy.gov/security-alert-may-11-2018/