Fulbright Graduate Study Program Competition 2023-2024
Application Deadline: APRIL 11, 2022
The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Graduate Study Program competition for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Fulbright Graduate Study Program enables young professionals from Serbia to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities to pursue a master’s level of study in the following fields:
Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, Information Sciences, Journalism / Media Studies, Law, Library Science, Linguistics, Mathematics, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, TEFL/Applied Linguistics
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia. Permanent U.S. residents and persons with dual (Serbian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (Selected candidates will take TOEFL and GRE tests during the selection process).
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate education at the time of application.
- Applicants already studying in the U.S. are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
General Selection Criteria
- Strong academic record
- Adaptability and personal suitability
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of Serbia.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not had a prior opportunity for studying in the United States.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, and sex.
- Applications are subject to pre-screening.
- Applicants recommended by reviewers are invited for an interview conducted in person in English by a selection committee comprised of Embassy representatives, U.S. and Serbian scholars, and Fulbright alumni.
- Nominees are subject to final approval by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
How to apply
Completed applications must include:
- Online application at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023 [ instructions for completing the application can be found here ];
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (can be submitted online by instructors, professors or work supervisors, or sent via e-mail to the U.S. Embassy);
- Academic transcripts/diplomas (certified translation into English or verified copies of original academic transcript and degree certificate – scanned and attached to the application);
- Valid results from the U.S. standardized tests – TOEFL (required for all candidates) and GRE (required in most fields of study) – if the applicant has taken these tests in the past two years. Please note that we shall organize the taking of the required tests for the selected candidates; and
- Copy of passport.
Please scan all the above-mentioned documents and upload to your online application. Please note that all items should be translated into English.
Nominated candidates will have to submit a copy of the original academic transcript bearing all official legalization stamps to the U.S. Embassy Belgrade. The U.S. Embassy will advise the nominated candidates to submit a medical history and examination report if and when necessary.
Application Deadline: April 11, 2022
Any application submitted to the United States or elsewhere, separate from the official system noted above, will not be considered.
For additional information about the Fulbright Scholarship: BelgradeFulbright@state.gov
The post Fulbright Graduate Study Program Competition 2023-2024 appeared first on U.S. Embassy in Serbia.