Location: Roads, bridges, and traffic circles in Belgrade, which may include Slavija Square, Gazela Bridge, Pancevo Bridge, Branko Bridge, and Pink Circle.
Event: Local media report that demonstrations are expected to take place on June 8, 2018, beginning at 5:00 pm and lasting approximately one hour, to protest the cost of fuel. Protests on major roads and bridges may cause traffic disruptions throughout Belgrade during the evening commute. U.S. government personnel were advised to consider modifying their schedules to avoid driving during the planned protest. Even demonstrations intended to peaceful can quickly turn violent.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the protests and consider modifying evening commutes to travel before or after the protests.
- Exercise caution in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- [email protected]
- State Department — Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.