The church of Theotokos of Ljevish, Prizren’s Cathedral, was erected by King Milutin in the early 14th century (1307-1309). It was built on the foundations of a three-nave basilica from the X-XI centuries, which was probably dedicated to Theotokos Eleusa (the Merciful) and itself erected on the site of an older non-christian temple. The church from the X-XI centuries was partially restored in the XIII century, during the reign of King Stefan, the Firstcrowned, when the Diocese of Prizren joined the autocephalous Serbian Church. During the reign of King Milutin, a thorough restoration of the temple was carried out, and inscriptions on the eastern façade, made in brick, testify to this King’s endeavor, carried out by the Prizren Bishops Damian and Sava, the latter Archbishop of Sava III. The names of Byzantine artists, proto-masters responsible for erecting and painting the seats of bishops of Prizren in the fourteenth century are also known – the architect Nikola and the painter Astrapa..