Location: Republic Square in Belgrade, potential for other locations in Serbia.
Event: The organization 1389 plans to protest the 10th anniversary of Kosovo’s independence on February 17, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. in Republic Square. In the past, similar demonstrations were attended by 80 to 100 people. Other protests may occur in Belgrade and other cities in Serbia on or near the anniversary date.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Monitor local media for updates.
Assistance: U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.