Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia (September 17, 2022)
Location: Central Belgrade
Event: EuroPride and Anti-EuroPride
Police presence in downtown Belgrade has increased significantly as we approach the start of EuroPride parade at 17:00. The U.S. Embassy has received reports of clashes between counter-protesters and police around the area of St Marko Church and several arrests have been made. Please remain vigilant if out in Belgrade today.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you see a disturbance or unruly crowd, move away from the activity.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Avoid counter-demonstrations.
- Please consider this detailed security advice from EuroPride: https://europride2022.com/tourist/safety
For U.S. Citizen Assistance:
- Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- Embassy website
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter
Primary Proposed EuroPride Locations:
Location of Churches Where anti-EuroPride Groups Plan to Gather:
Red Bull Formula 1 Showrun Belgrade:
The post Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia (September 17, 2022) ￼ appeared first on U.S. Embassy in Serbia.