The beginning of official diplomatic relations between the Polish and Serbia are rather vague – no preserved data related to the circumstances of their establishment after I world war. It is known only that the official mission in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes was of 01.01.1919.godine and the head of the mission is named Czeslaw Pruszynski. The official dispatch the notification, addressed to the Head of State, Jozef Pilsudski, was handed over to Prince Alexander, regent of the Kingdom, 16 January 1919.
The following representative II. Polish Republic in the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes was extraordinary envoy and plenipotentiary minister Erazm Piltz, who is his mission began six months after Pruszynskog – 26 September 1919. Piltz handed credentials to the Regent a little later – 14.09.1919. year. II: Republic of Poland in Krajevini Serbs, Croats and Slovenes also represented: Zygmunt Stefanski (Charge d’Affaires – a duty he took 20.03.1920.), Zdzislaw Okecki (Extraordinary envoy and Minister Plenipotentiary – 01.08.1921.g.), Michal Kwapiszewski (Charge d’Affaires – 11.02.1928.), Waclaw Babinski – Extraordinary envoy and Minister Plenipotentiary – 19/01/1929. The weather service Babinski there was a formal renaming of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia – October 3, 1929) and Wladyslaw Gunther-Schwarzburg (Extraordinary envoy and Minister Plenipotentiary – 16.06.1931.). Last representative Polish in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia before the world war II was Roman Kazimierz Debicki (Minister – 30.05.1935.), which is its function was to 06.04.1941., when the staff of the mission was forced to leave the Kingdom of Yugoslavia.
The war and the end of the Kingdom are not completely obliterated established diplomatic relations. Debicki has continued its mission of 10.08.1941. year code created in exile Yugoslav Government in London and Cairo. He was the following year (01.09.1942.) in office inherited Mieczyslaw Marchlewski, who led the mission in emigration government to 05.07.1945. year.
The last months of Marchlewskog, legal representatives and all over the world recognized the Polish Government in exile in time coincided with the decision of the newly formed Government of the Federal People’s Republic of Yugoslavia on the recognition of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Polish 31.12.1944. year created by the KRN and establishing a relationship with her Diplomats mission level. It happened 30.03.1945. year, a little more than two months later the communist authorities of the two countries raised the rank of their diplomatic missions to the level of embassies.
1955, while he served as ambassador Henryk Grochulski, of Mrs. Zorka Karadzic bought, built in 1937, the building in st. Kneza Miloša 38, which houses the seat of the Embassy and which serves that purpose today.
The 90s were the period of very intensive changes. At first broke the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (period 1991-1992). Embassy at the time directed by Jerzy Chmielewski, who took office 27.02.1991.godine. Already in July 1992, two months after the outbreak of war in Bosnia, Ambassador Chmielewski was invited to return to the country for consultations. Formally, it is then represented, as Charge d’Affaires (ad interim) Julian Sutor, who held the post until September 1996, when he took over the mission of Ambassador Slawomir Dabrowa. 23.11.2001. year in his place came Tadeusz Diem. At the time of the mandate Tadeusz Diem, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia was replaced by a federation of two republics – Serbia and Montenegro. Serbia, as an independent subject of international law is functioning since 2006. The duty of the Polish Embassy, he was then Maciej Szymanski, who was named to the post 30.11.2005. year. From October 2009 to January 2014, the function of Polish Embassy in the Republic of Serbia was Andrzej Jasionowski
From September 2014 to the position of Ambassador of Polish Republic in Serbia was Mr. Aleksander Chećko.
Today Charge d’Affaires is Mrs. Hanna DALEWSKA-GREŃ.